Special Event Application
The City of Champaign welcomes and celebrates special event opportunities throughout the city. To support successful public gatherings, special events that occur within City of Champaign limits are required to obtain a city permit prior to any public promotion, advertisement, or event participation.
Sgt. Justin Prosser, Police Department | [email protected] | 217-403-6981
- Neighborhood block events, party registrations and outdoor music requests must submit a special event application a minimum of 10 days prior to the date of the event. All other permit requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- If an event is being held on leased property, evidence of approval by the landlord or property manager may be required. It is strongly suggested that event sponsors provide evidence of that approval. The City of Champaign may contact landlords to confirm approval of the event prior to issuing the permit.
- If the sponsor of an event is a Registered Student Organization at the University of Illinois, approval must first be obtained through Student Org Development & Administration and evidence of that approval must be included with this application.
- If the event is being held on Champaign Park District property, a permit must be obtained and evidence of that permit from the Champaign Park District must be provided with this application.
- Whenever food or drink is offered to the public during special events such as fairs, outdoor concerts, fundraisers, or other short-term events, a temporary health permit is required by the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District.