The information below is provided to connect community with local resources that intersect with police services. If you know of local government programs and services that might be added to this list, please contact us at [email protected].
General Help Centers:
- Family Service Self-Help Center
- Champaign County 2-1-1 Service
- Champaign County Community Resource Guide
- Champaign County Circuit Clerk
- Champaign County Sheriff’s Office (Inmate Resources)
- Champaign County Juvenile Detention Center
- Champaign County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Illinois State Police
- Illinois State Police Firearms Services Bureau (FOID and Concealed Carry License)
- Parkland Police Department
- University of Illinois Police Department
- Urbana Police Department
If you are experiencing homelessness and live in Champaign County, CIH may be able to connect you to a homeless assistance program that can help. Please send an email (address below) to inquire about CIH and to schedule your assessment. To begin the CIH process, you will be asked to provide the following: third party homeless verification (obtained from local emergency shelter providers), photo ID, Social Security card(s), birth certificate of minor child(ren), disability verification (if applicable).
When a homeless assistance program has a vacancy and you are the next eligible household based on the prioritization established by the Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless, you will be referred to the homeless assistance program. Each homeless assistance program has individual and specific eligibility requirements.
Contact: Email [email protected].
- City of Champaign expanded resource guide
- Austin’s Place Shelter for Women
- C-U at Home Day Center
- CU Public Health District
- Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Eastern Illinois Food Bank
- Regional Office of Education (resource for homeless families with school-aged children)
- Strides Low Barrier Shelter
- Wesley Food Pantry