Submit a Nuisance Complaint

  • If you would like to register a complaint with the City of Champaign about a property, please provide the following information:

    • Specific property address (Champaign addresses only).
    • Please indicate whether the problem can be seen from a public right-of-way, such as a sidewalk, alley or street.

    Note - Inspectors are not permitted to walk onto private property to view a complaint. If the problem cannot be seen from the public right-of-way, please indicate whether the City Inspector can enter onto YOUR property to view the concern.

    Additionally - Complaints related to excessive noise should not be submitted through this form, but should instead be immediately reported to the Champaign Police Department by calling 217-333-8911. Police Officers must witness the noise in order to provide any corrective action.

    Report noise complaints to non-emergency dispatch at 217-333-8911 while noise is in progress.