Salaries and Benefits
Fiscal Year 2019-20 Employee Compensation Report
This report shows actual compensation for all City employees during the 2019-20 fiscal year (July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020). This report shows a look back at total compensation for the prior fiscal year (the City’s fiscal year is July 1 through June 30). Detailed descriptions of the data are provided at the end of the report. Data for the report is compiled and posted in July after the last pay period of each fiscal year. The City provides this comprehensive data from the prior fiscal year to reflect actual total employee compensation.
2020-21 Salary and Staffing Report
This report shows the approved increases to employee compensation and the salary schedules approved with the budget for the 2020-2021 fiscal year.
Proposed New Employee Compensation Packages
Illinois law requires employers that participate in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) to publicly post on its website at least six (6) days prior to approval an employee’s total compensation package that is equal to or in excess of $150,000 per year.
There are no new employee compensation package postings at this time.
City of Champaign bargaining unit (union) employees receive sick, vacation, and other types of leave and benefits in accordance with their bargaining agreements.
Regular full- and part-time Non-Bargaining Unit (non-union) exempt and non-exempt employees also receive sick, vacation, and other types of leave and benefits as detailed in the Non-Bargaining Unit Handbook.
- City of Champaign regular full- and part-time employees (except Police Officers and Firefighters) participate in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Visit the IMRF “Employer Cost & Participant Information” webpage for more information.
- Police Officers and Firefighters each have their own pension systems.
- The City of Champaign offers a Deferred Compensation 457 Plan through ICMA-Retirement Corporation to assist employees with their retirement savings objectives.
- Non-Bargaining Unit Department Head
- Non-Bargaining Unit Exempt Full-Time
- Non-Bargaining Unit Exempt Part-Time
- Non-Bargaining Unit Non-Exempt Full-Time
- Non-Bargaining Unit Non-Exempt Part-Time
- Non-Bargaining Unit Non-Exempt Full-Time LIMITED TERM