In order to complete repairs to five railroad crossings generally located north of University Avenue between Fifth Street and McKinley Avenue, Norfolk Southern Railroad will close the following streets:
• Fifth Street just south of Washington Street
• Phillips Drive just north of Washington Street
• Walnut Street about halfway between Columbia Avenue and North Street
• Bradley Avenue about halfway between Prospect Avenue and Hagan Street
• McKinley Avenue about two-thirds of the way north of Bradley Avenue, south of Francis Drive
Depending on proximity, work may extend across several of the crossings at one time. Work will begin as early as Wednesday, September 7, 2022, and once it begins at a crossing, it is anticipated to last three to five days. Access for local traffic will be maintained up to the closed crossing location. Through traffic will need to utilize alternate routes. For the Bradley Avenue closure, through traffic is advised to follow the detour route utilizing Prospect Avenue and Bloomington Road. Bradley Avenue east and west of the closure will remain open to local traffic.