The Champaign Fire and Human Resources Departments are pleased to announce that registration for the the City’s Adult Fire Explorers Program (AEP) will open July 18, 2022. The AEP is a partnership between the City of Champaign and the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission Workforce Development Program. This workforce readiness initiative is structured to create an awareness of career opportunities in the fire service field. There is no cost to participate.
To enroll, participants must:
• Reside within the Champaign city limits;
• Receive a referral from the Regional Planning Commission Workforce Development Program located at the East Central Illinois WorkNet Center (1307 N. Mattis Ave., Champaign) or an affiliate;
• Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency;
• Be between the ages 19-34 years; and
• Possess a driver’s license.
The registration period is July 18-29, 2022. The program starts on August 8, 2022, and runs for six weeks.
Space in the program is limited and early registration is strongly encouraged. For more information or to register, please contact Cassandra Dunham at [email protected] or 217-531-8276.