Select Downtown streets have been chosen for paving and rehabilitation work this year for the 2021 Annual Paving Project. The construction will primarily consist of grinding off the old road surface and paving it with a layer of new asphalt. New ADA sidewalk ramps will be upgraded to meet disability requirements. New traffic signals, storm sewer, and curb bump outs will be installed at the intersection of Main Street and Walnut Street.
Work has begun and should be completed by September 15, 2021. The following streets will be included:
• Church Street from Prairie Street to Neil Street
• Main Street from Neil Street to Chestnut Street
• Chestnut Street from Main Street to University Avenue
• Washington Street from Neil Street to Walnut Street
• Walnut Street from Main Street to Washington Street
• State Street from Church Street to Columbia Avenue
• Randolph Street from Church Street to Columbia Avenue
• Neil Street from 150 ft. north of Maple Street to Main Street
• Columbia Avenue from State Street to Neil Street
• Washington Street from Prairie Street to Neil Street
• Hill Street from Prairie Street to Neil Street
Please do not park in the street during daytime hours when “No Parking” signs are posted. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times.