2019 Spring Yard Waste Collection
The City of Champaign’s 2019 Spring Yard Waste Collection has been scheduled. All residences in the Orange Zone should put materials out by 6:00 a.m. on Monday, April 8, and Monday, May 13, 2019. All residences in the Blue Zone should put materials out by 6:00 a.m. on Monday, April 15, and Monday, May 20, 2019.
Instead of four consecutive weeks of pickups, the Orange Zone and the Blue Zone will each have one collection in April and one collection in May.
Residents will also notice that the “one zone per weekday (O1-O5 and B1-B5)” collection has been changed for spring collection. Instead, crews will begin picking up materials on Monday of the scheduled week and work through the zone on consecutive days until all materials are collected. If materials have not been collected by Thursday of your scheduled week, please contact the Public Works Department at 217-403-4700 to report.
• The collection is available to all residential properties within the Champaign city limits.
• Materials must be in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags. NO PLASTIC BAGS OR CONTAINERS.
• Bags should be placed within 10 feet of the curbside, and five feet away from obstacles like: mailboxes, trees, telephone poles, and fire hydrants. Bags should be placed by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled Monday to ensure pickup.
• Bags should contain leaves, grass clippings, and plant materials only. No rocks, glass, potted plants, mulch, or pet waste.
• Twigs and branches may be bundled with non-metallic twine or placed in paper yard waste bags. Branches cannot be larger than 2 inches in diameter and 3 1/2 feet long. Bundles cannot be larger than 18 inches in diameter.
Additional details about the program may be found by visiting champaignil.gov/yardwaste.