The Champaign Urbana International Humanitarian Awards held its 14th Annual Gala at the Hilton Garden Inn on September 8. The event highlighted the tireless efforts of 3 individuals and 2 organizations in the following categories:
- Dr. Omar Al-Heeti, Humanitarian Relief Individual Award
- DoMonique Arnold, Human Rights Individual Award
- Leanna Cossman, Humanitarian Relief Individual Award
- Mi Raza Community Center, Hospitality Organizational Award
- Walking With Angels, Research & Education Organizational Award
Art work by a previous award recipient – Ten Thousand Villages – was displayed at the event, and cultural entertainment for the evening was provided by Jasmine Field Orchestra through the University of Illinois. Nate Banks and Friends provided jazz music for the cocktail reception and dinner hour. Participants from Lincoln’s Challenge ushered guests to their tables.