The City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department is proud to announce for the seventh year a call to the public for STAR Awards nominations. The STAR Awards program encourages the public to recognize those exceptional individuals or groups of individuals who volunteer their time, talents, resources and energy to assist in our neighborhoods and community. Nominations are made by individuals of the community who engage civically and take the time to honor someone they feel deserves recognition for their community service. Using established criteria, award selections are made by members of the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board who volunteer their time to help improve the quality of life in Champaign.
Citizens can make nominations for individuals and/or groups in the eight different categories listed
- Business-Neighborhood Leadership – 2015 Winner Leaders for Martial Arts
- Neighborhood-Community Building – 2015 Winner Salt & Light
- Community Partner – 2015 Winner Goals Project
- Neighborhood Leadership – 2015 Winner Yolanda Laws
- Dave Benton Difference Maker – 2015 Winner Patricia McKinney-Lewis
- Neighborhood of the Year – 2015 Winner W.O.C.H. Group
- Good Neighbor Award – 2015 Winner Kirk Karlstrom
- Rising Star – 2015 Winner (tie) Tylon Turner; Aliya Savage
The City of Champaign urges all community residents to get involved in this effort by nominating worthy individuals or groups for a STAR Award. The service or deed must have occurred in Champaign from March 1, 2015, through February 29, 2016. Citizens can submit STAR Award nominations to the Neighborhood Services Department until March 4, 2016 in one of the following ways: online at www.ci.champaign.il.us/star, or by using the nomination forms located at the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department and mail or hand deliver them to the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department, 102 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820. Pictures, videos, news articles, or any other relevant supporting exhibits For additional information on the STAR Awards Program, please visit www.ci.champaign.il.us/star or contact Neighborhood Services at (217) 403-7070.
Submit a nomination today to recognize those that make a difference in our community!