Residents Encouraged to Continue Supporting Local Businesses
Effective Monday, November 2, 2020, the State of Illinois will implement new COVID-19 resurgence mitigations across Region 6, which includes Champaign County. These new mitigations are being implemented because as a whole, Region 6 had a 7-day rolling average COVID-19 test positivity rate of more than 8% for three consecutive days. As a result, the State has implemented the following new mitigation measures across Region 6:
- No indoor service allowed at restaurants or bars.
- Outdoor service at restaurants and bars must end by 11 p.m.
- Reservations are required to be served (outdoors) at a restaurant or bar.
- Gatherings limited to a maximum of 25 people.
- Other specific mitigation measures have also been implemented which can be reviewed online.
Residents will continue to play a critical role in supporting our local restaurants. As we head into these new mitigation efforts, the public can take the following steps to help:
- Continue to follow public health guidelines including wearing a face mask in public and practicing social distancing.
- Dine outdoors at local businesses as weather allows.
- Utilize curbside pickup and delivery services.
- Respect the curbside pickup zones in Champaign’s Downtown and Campustown districts and reserve them for those stopping quickly to get takeout orders.
The Cities of Champaign, Urbana, Savoy, and Rantoul will continue to work closely with area restaurants and bars, as well as the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District, to provide additional support and guidance during this time. In addition, they will continue to work with our local economic development partners to provide businesses in need guidance and support with State Business Interruption Grants.