On April 25, Property Maintenance Inspector Cliff Peete responded to a tenant inspection request to complete an inspection of a residence due to no hot water. During the inspection, Peete observed the following deficiencies which made the property unfit for habitation and resulted in a condemnation notice being issued:
- The bathroom did not have a sink and copper plumbing supply line was excessively leaking water.
- The bathtub lacks faucet and handle devices to operate and provide water to the plumbing fixture.
- The bathroom walls have drywall missing and sections are severely damaged from water penetration.
- The bathroom sub-floor is weak and unsound due to sustaining water damage.
- The kitchen plumbing assembly is leaking water.
- There is no working refrigerator and several burners are missing on the oven.
- One of the bedrooms does not have an openable window.
- Sanitary sewer line is discharging waste material into the yard.
Due to the condition of the residence, Peete discussed the problem with the Program Services Department who is working to help the family with relocation assistance.