On Monday, October 24, at 6:30 p.m., the Champaign Fire Department will host the 2nd Annual Edward M. Hoffman Awards Ceremony. This event will honor devoted citizens and those Emergency Medical Technicians and Champaign Firefighters that have displayed exemplary service to those they serve and protect.
After the consideration of the awards committee, 12 awards will be presented during the Edward M. Hoffman Awards Ceremony:
- Lt. Dominic Pasquini, Engineer Courtney Moravek, Firefighter John Hoskins, and Arrow Ambulance employees Jordan Kennedy and Jeff Kiesling – for the resuscitation of a patient on January 12, 2016.
- Lt. Rick Sebens, Engineer Alan Meyer, Firefighter Steve McConkey, Arrow Ambulance employees Cody Carpenter, Nikki McMullen, Tom Harden, and Justin Upton, and civilians David Giammaria and Dr. Bruce Wintersteen – for the resuscitation of a patient on May 5, 2016.
- Lt. Andy Quarnstrom, Engineer Courtney Moravek, and Firefighter Greg Elliott – will be reunited with the patient that they received an award during the Ceremony in 2015.
Fire Chief Letters of Recognition:
- Deputy Fire Marshal Janet Maupin – for managing the Department of Homeland Security Fire Prevention and Safety Grant for the installation of over 800 smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms.
- Captain Glen Daniels – for managing the Insurance Services Office (ISO) review that resulted in an ISO Class 1 rating.
- Lt. Dave Tomlinson – for writing a SAFER and AFG grant that resulted in over $1.5 million for the Department for staffing and training.
- Civilians Michael Giboney, Michael Giboney, Jr. and Anthony Dewayne Giboney – for assisting a fire victim at 1903 Karen Court.
- Civilian Sean Schnepper – for assisting at a fire at 2003 Southwood.
- Civilians Robert and Levi Lang – for assisting at a fire at 506 S. Victor.
- Civilian and fire victim Christian Sheehan – for actions that helped others escape from a fire.
- All members of the Building Safety Division – for processing and inspecting $182,045,365 in new construction during calendar year 2015.
- Lt. Cullen Jones, Engineer Carrol Whitehouse, and Firefighter Adam Kownacki – for actions to rescue two fire victims at 1802 Cypress.
- Lt. Bill Painter, Engineer Courtney Moravek, and Firefighter Matt Boulos – for rescuing a fire victim at 1416 Winding Lane.
Contact: Randy Smith, Deputy Fire Marshal | 217-403-7212