On June 8, Cross Construction Company will continue work on the City’s annual asphalt overlay project. The work will consist of pavement patching, limited curb replacement, sidewalk ramp replacement, milling off a portion of the existing surface, paving two layers of new asphalt surface, manhole adjustments, and new pavement markings. There will be intermittent lane closures throughout the construction period; however, one lane will be open at all times. Access to driveways and businesses will be open at all times.
The following streets will be worked on in Phase 1 of the project, which is scheduled to be complete August 31.
• Country Fair Drive (University Avenue to Church Street)
• Church Street (Prospect Avenue to Mattis Avenue)
• Willis Avenue (Hill Street to Church Street)
• Davidson Drive (Church Street to Church Street)
• Garfield Avenue (Church Street to Washington Avenue)
• Fair Street (Springfield Avenue to White Street)
• Fair Street (Park Street to the Dead End at the RR)