STAR Expo and Awards Ceremony
Thursday, April 30, 2015
Expo – 6:00 pm; Awards Ceremony – 7:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign
On Thursday, April 30, 2015, the Neighborhood Services Department and the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board will host the Sixth Annual STAR (Service Together Achieves Results) Expo and Awards Ceremony.
The STAR Expo allows for an annual community education and networking opportunity. Over 40 vendors will be available to showcase the latest projects, initiatives, products, services and information that promotes civic involvement and neighborhood wellness.
The STAR Awards Ceremony, presented by the City of Champaign Neighborhood Services Department and the Neighborhood Services Advisory Board, is held to recognize outstanding civic activities of local citizens, nominated during the STAR Awards nomination period earlier this year, who are working to make the City of Champaign a great place to live, work and play. The 2015 honorees are:
- Business-Neighborhood Partnership (4 honorees)– Chuck Dorris, Malron Hillsman, Marchond Hillsman, Leaders for Life Marital Arts
- Community Partner (4 honorees)– SOAR Program, St Elmo Brady S.T.E.M. Academy, St Luke CME Food Pantry, The GOALS Project
- Difference Maker (9 honorees)– Brandi Boyd, Angela Bradley, Byron Clark, Ernyka Blanson, Eunice Bucknerboone, Judith Havlicek, Patricia McKinney-Lewis, Stephen Mysko, Hany Youssef
- Good Neighbor (4 honorees)– Gary Armstrong, Azucena Campos, Kirk Karlstrom, Cathy Salika
- Neighborhood Leadership (3 honorees)– Laura Baylor, Jordan Phoenix, Yolanda Laws
- Neighborhood of the Year (4 honorees)– Draper-Healey NW, Ponds of Windsor HOA, West Park Avenue Association, WOCH NW
- Neighborhood-Community Building (1 honoree)– Salt and Light
- Rising Star (2 honorees)– Aliya Savage, Tylon Turner
This event is open to the public with free vendor giveaways and no admission charge. For more information, visit www.ci.champaign.il.us/star.