The City of Champaign remains committed to improving communications with the public. The Communications Division leads the City’s efforts to share timely and accurate information with those we serve.
Goals of the Communications Division
- Share information about the City of Champaign, City services, and programs
- Assure timely communication through a variety of means and resources
- Consistently provide information that is accurate, clear, and useful
- Enhance the transparency of the decision-making process
- Foster a positive, balanced relationship with the media
City Communication Resources
In order to reach as many people as possible, the City uses several different resources and services to communicate effectively, including the City’s website, social media, Champaign Government Television, The Champaign Insider newsletter, email subscription lists, and various internal communication platforms. Connect with the City of Champaign today!
The local media is an important ally in the City’s efforts to communicate effectively with the public. The Communications Division is responsible for ensuring the City shares timely and accurate information with the media, with the goal of increasing the public’s awareness of City programs, policies, and projects. The City is committed to developing positive media relations and to fostering fair, balanced coverage of City issues.