The City of Champaign’s 2023 Spring Yard Waste Collection has been scheduled. The Orange Zone and Blue Zone will each have one collection in April and one collection in May.
• All residences in the Orange Zone should put materials out by 6 a.m. on Monday, April 10, and Monday, May 8, 2023.
• All residences in the Blue Zone should put materials out by 6 a.m. on Monday, April 17, and Monday, May 15, 2023.
Crews will begin picking up picking up materials on Monday of the scheduled week and work through the zone on consecutive days until all materials are collected. If materials have not been collected by the Friday after your scheduled collection, please contact the Public Works Department at 217-403-4700 to report.
• The collection is available to all residential properties within the Champaign city limits.
• Materials must be in 30-gallon paper yard waste bags. NO PLASTIC BAGS OR CONTAINERS.
• Bags should be placed within 10 feet of the curbside and five feet away from obstacles like mailboxes, trees, telephone poles, and fire hydrants. Bags should be placed by 6 a.m. on the scheduled Monday to ensure pickup.
• Only bags containing leaves, grass clippings, and plant materials will be collected. Bags with any other materials, such as rocks, glass, potted plants, mulch, or pet waste will not be collected.
• Twigs and branches may be bundled with non-metallic twine or placed in paper yard waste bags. Branches cannot be larger than 2 inches in diameter and 3½ feet long. Bundles cannot be larger than 18 inches in diameter.
• Additional details about the program may be found by visiting champaignil.gov/yardwaste. You may also access this site and find your zone by clicking on the City’s Yard Waste Collection Map and entering your address.
For residents outside the City, or for materials not fitting the above requirements, landscape materials may be taken (for a fee) to the Landscape Recycling Center at 1210 E. University Avenue in Urbana, phone 217-344-5323.