MCORE PROJECT PROGRESS UPDATE & STAGE CHANGE OVER
The Multimodal Corridor Enhancement Project (MCORE) continues progress along Green Street. Below are highlights of the project status.
• This weekend the MCORE Contractor (DUCE Construction) will reopen Green Street between First Street and Locust Street, ahead of moving to the next stages.
• On Monday, June 26, MCORE Project work will close Green Street just east of Chestnut Street, while work continues between Locust Street and Chestnut Street.
• Additionally, on Monday, June 26, work will begin on the east half of the intersection of First Street at Green Street and between First and Second Streets. First Street traffic will continue to be limited to one-way southbound between Healey Street and Daniel Street. Green Street will be closed between First Street and Second Street.
• Green Street between First Street and Locust Street will be open to traffic. Access to properties and businesses between First Street and the railroad viaduct will be available by using Springfield Avenue to First Street to Green Street.
• There is a signed detour route for northbound First Street traffic utilizing Daniel Street to Fourth Street to Springfield Avenue back to First Street.
All businesses are open during construction and access to properties will be maintained via alternative routes. A map depicting general timing of the project phases is available on the City of Champaign’s website.
The City of Champaign, appreciates the cooperation and patience of property owners, residents, and visitors of the Campustown area during this important project. Additional updates will be provided as the project progresses. For additional information visit www.mcoreproject.com