First Annual Cham-Bana Recycles Week, November 13 – 20, 2015. Cham-Bana Recycles Week is an extension of the nationwide America Recycles Day, sponsored by Keep America Beautiful. On Friday, November 13 from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m., members of Keep Champaign Beautiful will kick off the week by handing out FREE reusable shopping bags to the first 1,000 customers at Wal-Mart and Starbucks on North Prospect Avenue. The lots at Prospect Avenue and Interstate Drive are examples of the most littered sites in the community. Folks can help prevent litter by choosing reusable shopping bags and drink containers and recycling disposable items. Come out and support Cham-Bana Recycles Week and get your free bag!
Throughout the week, there will also be a chance to win one of three shopping sprees! Shoppers at Habitat ReStore, the I.D.E.A. Store, PACA Architectural Salvage Warehouse and Connections, the Courage Connection boutique, will have the chance to register to win one of three $50 shopping sprees. The more you visit, the more chances you have to win! The winner will be announced by the I.D.E.A. Store staff during their Friday, November 20 segment of C.I. Living. These non-profit reuse businesses keep over 400 tons of material from going into a landfill EACH YEAR! Donations generate revenue that goes to support important community needs. During Cham-Bana Recycles week, take the time to visit one of these great businesses and find a new treasure!
- Friday, November 13, 6 – 10 a.m. – FREE reusable shopping bag distribution at Wal-Mart and Starbucks, North Prospect Avenue, Champaign, IL.
- Saturday, November 14, 1 – 4 p.m. – City of Urbana and Urbana Park District event at Anita Purves Nature Center
- Sunday, November 15 – America Recycles Day! Learn more: http://americarecyclesday.org/
- Friday, November 13 – 20 – Register to win one of three shopping sprees at local non-profit reuse businesses. Just in time for holiday shopping, crafting and decorating!
- Friday, November 20 – The I.D.E.A. Store staff will announce winners on C.I. Living segment.