NIGHT WORK TO BEGIN ON I-57, I-72, AND I-74 NEAR CHAMPAIGN
CHAMPAIGN – The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that work will begin Monday, Aug. 31 on Interstates 57, 72 and 74 in the Champaign area for the purpose of setting permanent message signs. Work will be performed at five locations in a four day span. The schedule is as follows:
- Location 1: I-57 southbound, two miles north of the Market Street interchange beginning Aug. 31 at 10 p.m. and ending Sept. 1 at 6 a.m.
- Location 2: I-74 westbound, three miles west of the St. Joseph interchange beginning Sept. 1 at 10 p.m. ending Sept. 2 at 5:00 a.m.
- Location 3: I-57 northbound, three miles south of the Monticello Road interchange beginning Sept. 2 at 10 p.m. and ending Sept. 3 at 6 a.m.
- Location 4: I-72 eastbound, two miles east of the IL 47 interchange south of Mahomet beginning Sept. 3 at 8 p.m. and ending Sept. 4 at 6 a.m.
- Location 5: I-74 eastbound, east of the IL 47 interchange in Mahomet beginning Sept. 3 at 10 p.m. and ending Sept. 4 at 6 a.m.
All locations will have complete road closures lasting no longer than 15 minutes each. Prior to the full closures, one lane of the interstate will be closed to aid in the full closure equipment setup.
The overall project has an anticipated completion date of Oct. 1, weather permitting. The contractor for the $2,400,000.00 project is Champaign Signal and Lighting.
Please slow down and use extreme caution while driving through all work zones.
CONTACT: Brian Williamsen | 309.671.4854
- City Council
- City Manager’s Office
- Equity and Engagement Department
- Finance Department
- Fire Department
- Human Resources Department
- Information Technologies Department
- Legal Department
- METCAD 9-1-1
- Neighborhood Services Department
- Planning and Development Department
- Police Department
- Public Works Department