CHAMPAIGN ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
702 Edgebrook Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
LICENSED COMMERCIAL HAULER REPORTING
A “commercial hauler” (a person who charges a fee for collecting and transporting municipal waste, landscape waste, or recyclable materials for ultimate disposal at a site other than the site where such waste is situated) in the City of Champaign must fill out an Application for Commercial Hauler License by August 1 of every year. There is a $100.00 fee per (municipal waste, landscape waste, and recyclable materials) vehicle per year. The application needs to be turned into the City’s Finance Department, 102 N. Neil St., Champaign; for questions, call 217.403.8940.
Starting on January 1, 2017, all licensed haulers that collect weekly residential garbage/recycling from single family residences (1-4 units) in the City of Champaign are required to collect, at a minimum, the following recyclable materials from residences with one to four units –
- Plastics labeled #1 through #7 (no Styrofoam)
- Corrugated cardboard (ex: boxes, the non-contaminated part of a pizza box, etc.)
- Boxboard (ex: cereal, soda, & beer packaging)
- Beverage carrier stock (ex: bottled beer holders & drink carriers from fast food restaurants)
- Magazines, catalogs
- Newspaper & inserts, telephone directories, paperback books
- Residential mixed paper (mail, computer paper, ledger paper, etc.)
- Tin & bi-metal food & beverage cans, empty aerosol cans
- Aluminum food & beverage cans, foil, & trays
- Food & beverage mixed glass containers (clear, flint, brown, & green)
To ensure that all haulers are complying with the recycling requirement, a quarterly report is required, detailing how much of each recyclable material was collected, as well as how much municipal solid waste, and landscape waste was collected by each hauler.
The quarterly form must be completed by the last business day of the month following the end of the quarter. This is a condition of the City of Champaign hauler license. Failing to report this information may result in fines, or even suspension or revocation of the license for repeated violations.
Forms can be accessed below. These forms are fillable PDF forms, they can be downloaded, filled out, saved, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2018 – 1st Quarter Reporting Form
- 2018 – 2nd Quarter Reporting Form
- 2018 – 3rd Quarter Reporting Form
- 2018 – 4th Quarter Reporting Form
If you have questions regarding the changes to the recycling requirements or the reporting requirements, please contact me at 403-4780 or by email at email@example.com.