The Champaign Police Department provides name/background check processing for various purposes including employment, adoption, and immigration.
Persons seeking to have a background processed must provide a valid photo ID showing their signature and date of birth.
Background Check processing is available:
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4 PM
- $10 per Name Check
- Payments may be made via cash or check only.
- We provide background checks for the City of Champaign only
- Conviction records are public and can be obtained at the Champaign County Circuit Clerk’s Office
- If an employer is requesting information on a prospective employee, a signed release form from the individual in question is required before information can be released. The Champaign Police Department cannot release arrest information without consent from the individual.