Manage Your Business
The City of Champaign strives to make your interactions with city government as smooth as possible. On this page, you will find all of the forms your business needs to stay in compliance with city regulations and licensing.
The City of Champaign does not require a business license for a majority of business types, although there are several that do require special approvals. Below is a link to the applications needed before starting one of these businesses.
- Liquor Licenses
- Commercial Trash and Recycling Haulers
- Junk Yards
- Mobile Food Trucks and Traveling Sales
- Massage Establishments
- Pawn Shops and Second Hand Goods
- Re-locators and Tow Trucks
Partner Agency Licensing
- Taxi Cabs and Liveries – Jointly Licensed by the City of Urbana (Note: You are leaving the City of Champaign webpage)
- Food Service Establishment – Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
Food and Beverage Tax Forms
Hotel and Motel Tax Forms
Motor Fuel Tax Forms
Outdoor cafes are a great way to enhance your businesses during the warmer summer months. The City offers outdoor cafe permits to any business within the Central Business District that can meet the spacing requirements on the public sidewalks. Outdoor cafe permits are required only for placing tables and chairs on the public right-of-way. Any private space used as a beer garden or cafe is not required to obtain an outdoor cafe permit. These will be handled through the standard liquor license process. Outdoor Cafes are managed in the Planning and Development Department.