Ordinance Violation Payments
If you have received a City of Champaign – Notice to Appear, and were given the option to “Pay-by-Mail”, you have twenty-one (21) days from the date your ticket was issued to pay the fine.
Make a Payment
You can now pay Ordinance Violations online.
Note – Please allow two full business days after the ticket is issued and follow the posted instructions in order to find and pay your violation. If you are unable to find your violation after two full business days, please contact the Legal Department at 217.403.8765 for assistance.
Pay By Mail
You can mail your payment (cashier’s check, certified check, or money order) along with a copy of your ticket to:
City of Champaign
102 N. Neil St.
Champaign, IL 61820
Important: The City cannot accept personal checks for Ordinance Violation payments. Never send cash through the mail.
- Use sufficient postage
- Pay the minimum fine shown via cashier’s check, certified check or money order (no personal checks or cash).
- Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you need a receipt
- Enclose a copy of your ticket
- Sign and enclose the “Waiver of Trial” form located on the back of your ticket (or print one here)
- Allow enough time for the payment to be received by the payment due date (not the court date)
Pay In Person
Bring your ticket and payment to the City of Champaign Legal Department, located on the 5th floor of the City Building, 102 N. Neil St., Champaign – corner of University and Neil. Payments are accepted Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (excluding City holidays).
Accepted forms of payment: cash, certified check, cashier’s check, money order, or Visa/Mastercard/Discover.
Note – Personal checks cannot be accepted
Pay By Telephone
Payments via credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Discover) are accepted over the telephone by calling the City of Champaign’s Legal Department at 217.403.8765. Payments are accepted Monday-Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (excluding City holidays).