BUILDING SAFETY DIVISION
Permit Application Process
Building permits are processed simultaneously by three City departments in order to make the process more efficient. When a building permit application is submitted to Building Safety at the Champaign Fire Department, it is separated into its component parts and routed to whichever individual inspectors need to review a particular application. All departments welcome the chance to review particular portions of applications prior to their formal submission in order to make the permitting process proceed smoothly.
(Please download application prior to entering data).
- Building Permit – New or Addition – (includes grading and erosion)
- Building Permit – Alteration or Repair/Replace
- Grading & Drainage Permit
- Class I Land Disturbance (Erosion) Permit
- Class II Land Disturbance (Erosion) Permit
- Electrical Permit
- HVAC Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Sprinkler Permit
- Fire Alarm
- Demolition Permit
- House Move Permit
- Tent Permit
e-Permit Applications for 1&2 Family Dwellings
e-Permits provides an option for customers to submit their permit application and plans and receive their permit via e-mail. The permit applications below are fillable PDF files. The blank permit application must be downloaded to your PC, then filled out. The building plans are required to be to scale and in PDF format. Electrical, HVAC or plumbing permit applications do not require plans. Once a permit application and building plans are reviewed and approved, Building Safety will call the applicant, take a credit card number for payment, and then e-mail the building permit to the applicant. For electrical, HVAC, and plumbing permits, please call with credit card number when submitting the permit application.
E-mail the completed application and plans as separate attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view the checklist below to ensure plans are complete and to expedite the review process.
1&2 Family Dwelling Permit Checklist
(Please download permit application prior to entering data).
- e-Building Permit – New or Addition – (includes grading and erosion)
- e-Building Permit – Alteration or Repair/Replace
- e-Electrical Permit
- e-HVAC Permit
- e-Plumbing Permit
Having trouble with PDF permit applications?
1. Download a blank permit application to your PC before entering any information. The blank application can then be reused.
2. Use the latest version of Adobe Reader.