Long Range Planning Division
Long Range Planning
Long range planning is carried out by the Long Range Planning Division of the Planning Department. Long-range planning studies the impacts of growth and development of the city and sets a vision for the community.
The “umbrella” plan for all long-range planning activities in the city’s Comprehensive Plan, is called Champaign Tomorrow. This plan sets guiding principles on how the city should grow over the next 20 years and recommends actions to realize the vision.
Other long-range planning studies are more focused to a specific area or topic. These plans are elements of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Champaign Moving Forward, Transportation Master Plan, 2008
- Reseeding Tomorrow, Landfill Reuse Park Plan, 2008
- Neighborhood Wellness Vision Report, 2006-2010
- Curtis Road Interchange Master Plan, 2007
- Downtown Plan, 2006
- Bristol Park Neighborhood Plan
- Champaign Trails Plan
- Pedestrian Plan
- Sustainability Plan
Additional Planning Studies
These studies have been adopted by the City Council and are used to guide policy.
- Green Street Zoning Update, 2010
- Fiscal Impact Analysis, 2010
- Downtown Parking Plan, 2009
- Interstate Overpass Enhancement Plan, 2008
- Neighborhood Wellness Action Plan, 2008-2010
- University District Streetscape Plan, 2007
- 2016 Capital Improvements Plan
- University District Action Plan 2008
Pedestrian and Bicycle Planning Projects: