On January 9, 2018, the Champaign City Council formally adopted its Vision and Goals for the 2017-2019 City Council term. The Council’s Vision and Goals are used to set City priorities, direct work activities, and allocate staff and financial resources. In addition to a small change to their Vision Statement, the Council also adopted six Council Goals, 27 strategic objectives, and 38 key projects. The Council Goals are:
- Our City Invests in Quality Infrastructure and Development
- Our City Advances Environmental Sustainability
- Our City Ensures Community Safety
- Our City Expands Economic Opportunity
- Our City Builds Healthy Neighborhoods
- Our City Promotes Citizen Trust in Government
The Vision Statement, Goals, strategic objectives, and key projects can be reviewed on the City Council’s webpage.