City Planning and Development staff attended the launch of the Community Solutions Incubator at the Krannert Center on Wednesday, September 27. The City of Champaign is a Founding Partner of the Community Solutions Incubator, which was set up to meet the needs of nonprofits focused on solving social problems in Champaign County. At the event, current participants described their mission and community impact. Nonprofits currently enrolled in the incubator include:
- DIBBS: DIBBS is creating a real–time platform to connect grocery stores and restaurants to food agencies feeding the food insecure.
- DREAAM Opportunity Center: DREAAM Opportunity Center is committed to shaping and increasing educational outcomes, knowledge, skills, and life opportunities for at risk children and young adults
- GradPipeline: Focused on increasing the number of underrepresented US Minorities with graduate degrees in order to shape the future of our nation’s leadership through mentoring platforms.
- Household Hazardous Waste Leadership Team: Currently guiding efforts toward implementation of convenient, safe, and environmentally responsible household hazardous waste management collection.
- Imbibe Urbana: Imbibe Urbana is committed to enhancing the community and economic development strategies in the city of Urbana by using placemaking strategies.
- MakerGirl: Uses 3D printing to inspire girls 7-10 years of age to be active in STEM.
- Prairie Dragon Paddlers: Increases awareness of breast cancer, promoting wellness, and working with the health care community to improve care.